March 13, 2020
Dear Imagine Families:
I am writing to update you regarding cancellation of all classes and school-related activities at Imagine Schools of Akron beginning March 16th, 2020 through April 3rd, 2020 in accordance with Governor Mike DeWine state-wide order to help slow the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Ohio Department of Education will be developing guidance for schools to ensure the continuity of education and
important student services during this extended leave. We will provide you with multiple updates during the closure via email, Class Dojo, Facebook, and School Website. The following are the key updates regarding this evolving situation that we can provide at this time:
- Continuing Education – Students have been provided with work over the 3 week mandatory shutdown. Grades K-2 will receive extended spring break packets. Grades 3-6 will receive test prep packets as well as their simple solutions workbooks sent home.
- Access to School – After March, 16th, the school building will be closed.
- Spring Break – Currently, we do not expect spring break (scheduled for April 10, 2020 through April 17th, 2020) to be impacted. However, as this is a rapidly evolving situation, that may change.
Please be assured that the health and safety of our students and staff is our highest priority and the campus will be thoroughly cleaned before it reopens. Please continue to exercise proper hand washing with soap and other universal preventive actions, such as covering your cough, sneezing into your elbow or tissue (throw away tissue), avoiding touching your face with unwashed hands, and cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.
As the details around COVID-19 are rapidly changing, please refer to the CDC and the local Department of Health websites for the most up-to-date information:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ohio Department of Health https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/home
We understand that uncertainty causes anxiety and these are unprecedented times. We encourage you to stay informed
and stay calm. We will continue to provide frequent updates as new information becomes available.
Thank you for your support and understanding as we work through this process together.
As always, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns at Walter.Thompson@imagineschools.org
Imagine Leadership/Imagine Akron