There are important links at the bottom of page!
Dear Imagine Families,
As you may already know, Governor DeWine has closed all Ohio schools through May 1, 2020. With this being said, we wanted to make sure to provide your child with the best possible home instruction during this time to maintain the growth they have been making this year. We are excited to share that our staff have been working tirelessly to create Distance Learning for each student. Distance Learning will begin on Monday, April 13, 2020. Below are details regarding Distance Learning for your student(s):
How Does It Work?
- First and foremost, we need families to sign up for Class Dojo. If you are not yet signed up, please contact your student(s) teacher and/or Mr. Thompson at (330) 612- 4259 or Mrs. Tyner at (330) 389-8867 to receive an invite.
- Teachers will post daily lessons on Class Dojo at 9:00 a.m. This will include work for reading, writing, math, and dance. Each student will have a mini-lesson provided by the teacher, then work to complete based off this lesson.
- Since we have practiced Restorative Justice in the classroom, a reflection question/video will be posted at 2:00 Monday-Friday for students to answer via Class Dojo.
- Teachers will be available between the hours of 9:00-2:00 Monday-Friday, or by appointment, to support your child in their Distance Learning or any questions you may have.
How Does My Student(s) Work Get Graded?
- Each week students will have two graded assignments per subject.
- They will also receive participation points for working on their Distance Learning at home.Graded work can be dropped off between the hours of 10-1 on Monday and Tuesday, or by appointment. If you are unable to drop-off student work, you can take a picture of the work and send it to your child’s teacher via Class Dojo.
How Does My Student(s) Get Their Work?
- A staff member will be in the glass area of the building between the hours of 10-1 on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, or by appointment, for you to pick up student work. In the event you are unable to pick-up work, it can also be mailed.
- For the first week of Distance Learning, pick-up options will be available on Monday, April 13, 2020 between the hours of 10-12.
How Does My Student(s) Turn In Their Work?
- A staff member will be in the glass area of the building between the hours of 10-1 on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s, or by appointment, for you to drop off student work. In the event you are unable to drop off work, you can take a picture and send it to the classroom teacher.
Our staff is very excited to get started on this Distance Learning journey. If you have any questions/concerns, or any feedback about this process, please feel free to reach out to Mr. Thompson, or Mrs. Tyner with the numbers listed above. We look forward to working with your child beginning April 13th.
Imagine Leadership/Imagine Akron
Board Meeting Notice: Due to the recent events, we will be holding the board meeting through Webex this month. The Imagine Leadership board is meeting March 19th at 6:00 PM.
Imagine Leadership Board Meeting
- Meeting number (access code): 735 191 297
- Meeting password: MtUJwMHK843
- Join by phone 1-650-479-3208
Breakfast and Lunch for Children Under 18
Akron City Schools will serve breakfast and lunch to all children and students 18 and under starting at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 17th at all APS neighborhood schools. Pickup for food will be Monday through Thursday at the main entrance from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Students will receive “To Go” bags for breakfast and lunch every day, and on Thursdays they will be given extra meals to cover Friday.
No meals will be served at OTT, Essex, Stewart, Ealry Colege, NIHF STEM, STEM HS, I PROMISE OR Miller South.
Free Internet Access
Community partners are offering free internet access to families, for a limited time. The information below is based on news reports from the companies:
Spectrum/Charter Communications: Families without internet will be able to get the service at no cost for 60 days from Charter Communications/Spectrum. Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. The service won’t be free after 60 days. Customers will have to notify the company to cancel the service to avoid regular pricing. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households.